Whilst there are some people and some businesses who arrange their insurance directly with insurance companies, the majority of insurance policies are made with the help of an insurance broker – who should be independent of the insurance company. Such insurance brokers usually get paid commission for the introduction of any new business to an insurance company.
Unfortunately professional negligence claims against insurance brokers are quite common.
Proving Insurance Broker Negligence
To succeed in any professional negligence claim against insurance brokers, you will need to prove;
- there was a duty of care owed by your insurance broker to you. The good news here is that the usual relationship between clients and insurance broker should be enough for such a duty of care to be established AND
- your insurance broker acted negligently i.e. their behavior was below the reasonable level of skill or care which you expect a competent professional insurance broker to provide AND
- That you suffered some financial loss as a direct result of the broker’s negligent behavior.
Common types of Insurance Broker Negligence
- Failure to put insurance cover in place.
- Arranging insurance – but not the terms of cover required by the client
- Not keeping the client fully aware as to the existence or non existence of a valid policy or details of the terms of that policy
- Failing to arrange insurance reasonably quickly
- Misrepresenting the clients position to the insurance company
- Failure to disclose all relevant facts to the insurance company
- Mis-selling insurance policies [ e.g. payment protection insurance]
- Not providing the right professional advice
How we can help
- We can make a detailed assessment of your potential insurance brokers professional negligence claim and let you know whether you have a strong claim for compensation and the likely level of damages you could receive if your claim is successful
- We can advise on the right with funding your claim – whether any insurance you have covers legal costs – and explaining the alternatives of a no win no fee agreement or paying privately
- We can help you wherever you live in England and Wales – advising you by e-mail, phone or Skype
*FREE initial phone advice-contact our specialists today
If you are thinking about making a claim against a negligent professional, it’s important to contact our professional negligence claim solicitors as soon as possible – any claim against a negligent insurance broker involve strict time limits – so don’t miss out on your opportunity for compensation by leaving it too late – contact our specialists as soon as you think you have a claim.
Contact our Professional Negligence Lawyers as soon as you think you have a claim
For a FREE first phone consultation on your Insurance Broker Negligence claim, contact us;
- FREEPHONE 0800 1404544
- call 0800 1404544 or
- use the contact form below:
Comments or questions are welcome.